With such a lot of certified candidates, pageant for faculty admissions is fiercer than ever. you can now positioned your self sooner than the pack by way of making your software flawless!
When utilizing for school, stable grades and excessive standardized try ratings usually are not consistently sufficient to assure admission. What units you aside, argues Michele Hernández, is how you describe your self on your software. yet how do you current your self with aptitude, and spotlight your entire skills, talents, and passions, in precisely a number of pages?
A former assistant director of admissions at Dartmouth collage, Dr. Hernández takes you step by step in the course of the whole program approach, revealing the main points that make or holiday an applicant. From the multitude of brief and longer essays to the myriad of charts, lists, and private facts sections, she bargains crucial recommendation, worthy anecdotes, and shiny examples. integrated are:
• A line-by-line examine the typical application
• the reality concerning the essays, with samples of these that made the grade
• how one can ask for instructor and assistance counselor recommendations
• whilst to supply schools with non-compulsory essays and peer evaluations
• the 10 universal myths and misconceptions of the on-campus interview
• the main significant educational topics, paintings event, and extracurricular actions to mention
• Early motion as opposed to early decision—the exchange offs
With this useful, savvy ebook, potential collage students—and their mom and dad and counselors—can now enormously increase their possibilities of moving into the school in their selection.
“Want to scale the Ivy wall? Michele Hernández offers the instruments to do it. This brisk, no-nonsense ebook is equipped on within dope, and Hernández’s adventure permits her to problem traditional admissions thinking.”
writer of On Writing the varsity software Essay